How to edit an application
- Sign into USAJOBS.
- Go to your Applications, located on your Home page—your active applications display automatically.
- Find the application you would like to update.
- Click the + icon to see all of the application details.
- Review the Closing date—you can no longer edit the application if the job has closed.
- Click Edit My Application.
- You will be sent to the Review of the USAJOBS application process.
- Click Add/Remove Resume if you want to change or update your resume.
- Click Add/Remove Documents if you want to change or update your documents.
- Complete the remaining steps in the USAJOBS application process.
- Click Continue to Agency Site—this is the final step in the USAJOBS application process and you’ll be sent to the specific agency application system.
- Complete the remaining steps of your application in the agency application system.
- Click Submit in the agency application system—your application will not be updated until you submit.
- Job announcements that are open are still accepting new applications and edited applications.
- Job announcements that are closed are no longer accepting applications or edits to previously submitted applications.
- If you want to edit your application with a newer version of your resume or documents or new profile information, you must resubmit the application with the changes—simply updating the information in your USAJOBS account does not submit the changes.
- If you resubmit your application with a newer resume or document, your application may continue to display both old and new information. The agency will review your most recent submission and provide a date/time stamp next to each attachment. Agencies have certain legal requirements for records retention; however, you may request that the agency remove you from consideration or accept changes or additions to your application by contacting the agency representative listed on the job announcement.